Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Overcoming Phobias (Fears) Through Meditation

To overcome any phobia, read over silently and visualize the following positive thoughts:

I am a soul, an eternal, immortal and indestructible (which cannot be destroyed) point of life energy……..
Sitting on my throne in the centre of the forehead, I the ruler, perform actions through my body……..
I have incarnated (entered) in this physical body from ‘shantidham’, my incorporeal (non-physical) home, original home of light……..
I am an actor on the huge world drama stage……..
All the other souls are actors too, each acting a unique role through its own individual body-costume……..
This spiritual knowledge makes me detached and fearless……..
Unimportant scenes of the drama that would have previously brought about fear in me no longer affect me……..

Through Rajyoga meditation, the soul can experience all relationships with the Supreme Soul in its day-to-day life. I continue -

I experience receiving powerful vibrations of spiritual might from the Supreme Being……..
I fill my mind with thoughts of courage……..
When the Almighty is my Father, my Mother, my Companion, my Guide, no one can be my enemy……..
Nothing can harm me in any way……..
Fear is wasted energy, it has no power in my life……..
Now I am becoming a bold person and I am capable of facing all fearful situations with increased self-confidence ……..
At the end of the meditation practice, for a few minutes, the patient should create a picture of the fearful situation in his mind, while at the same time learning to relax. This will help him to decrease the anxiety (worry) when he faces the real life situation and he will be able to completely overcome (face) the specific fears.

No comments:

Post a Comment