Thursday, July 15, 2010

Self Introspection (Self-Observation)

Meditation is the process of getting to know myself completely, both who l am ‘inside’ and how I react to what is ‘outside’. Through meditation, I discover a very different ‘me’ from perhaps the stressed or troubled person who may seem to be ‘me’. I realise that my true nature, the real me, is actually very positive. I begin to discover an ocean of peace right here on my own doorstep.

The simplest definition of meditation is: the right use of the mind or positive thinking. It is not to prevent thoughts from arising in the mind, but to use them correctly. This is the principle of Rajyoga meditation taught by the Brahma Kumaris.

Meditation should be done for ten minutes at least two times a day. The best time is in the morning after a wash or shower, before you begin your day’s activities. Another good time is in the evening, when your day’s activities are over.
Sitting in a comfortable position with the back straight and read over the following words slowly and silently. Aim to experience and visualise them in your mind so that you begin to feel what is being described:

Let me imagine that nothing exists outside this room........
I feel completely isolated (separated) from the outside world and free to explore my inner world........
I turn all my attention inward, concentrating my thought energy on the centre of the forehead........
I feel disconnected from my physical body and the physical surroundings........
I become aware of the stillness (peace) around me and within me........
I begin to feel a sense of natural peacefulness........
Waves of peace gentle wash over me, removing any restlessness (uneasiness) and tension from my mind........
I concentrate on this feeling of deep peace........

just peace........
I........ am........ peace........
Peace is my true state of being........
My mind becomes very calm and clear........
I feel easy and content (satisfied)........
having returned to my natural consciousness of peace........
I sit for a while, enjoying this feeling of calmness and serenity (peacefulness)........

During the day, while performing any activities, keep reminding yourself: ‘Peace is my true nature'.

As you keep practising this meditation, such positive and peaceful thoughts will arise in the mind more and more easily, and peace of mind will become increasingly more natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment